The Milk Producers’ Organisation (MPO) and the South African Milk Processors' Organisation (SAMPRO) constitute the members of Milk South Africa, who are mainly responsible for defining and reviewing the strategic direction of the company.
Milk South Africa is a Non-Profit Company in terms of the Companies Act, established in 2002 by the primary and secondary industry sectors.
The Members appointed ten directors and the CEO reports to the Board.
The Board of Directors established a number of Advisory Committees which have the responsibility to:
- Formulate policies, procedures and protocol for the execution of statutory and other functions - for consideration of the Board.
- Evaluate and prioritise project proposals and make proposals to the Board.
- Identify industry needs in respect of the strategies of Milk South Africa and initiate project proposals in that regard, for consideration of the Board.
- Consider annual budgets regarding the projects.
The members of the Advisory Committees include experts from the primary and secondary industry sectors as well as independent experts.
The responsibilities of the Audit Committee are to continuously evaluate the following and if necessary, to recommend amendments to the Board of Directors on:
- The functioning of the internal control system.
- Risk areas of the company’s activities.
- The accuracy and reliability of the financial information which are presented to the Board of Directors.
- Compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements.